Are you missing out on the benefits of sport?
I have always believed that everyone should have the opportunity to play a sport. Did you know that only 31.9% of women over the aged of 16 play sport at least once a week, and only 32.5% over the age of 14?
I realise that not everyone enjoys the formality of team sports, or has the time to commit to a club sport. For me sport has always meant a time to clear my head, let off steam and meet up with friends. I played hockey until my knees gave up on me after having my daughter, and still enjoy the social side of being linked to a club. My kids now get to go to the kid’s sessions that are run each summer, and to watch their dad play. They can’t wait until they are old enough to play in “proper” matches.
The benefits of sport
- Physical Benefits
- Encourages healthy growth and development
- Improves posture and balance
- Cardio & respiratory health
- Improved bone density reducing the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduces the risk of high blood pressure, coronary heart disease. stroke, diabetes and some cancers.
- Mental Health
- Reduce the symptoms of depression, and anxiety
- Relieves stress,
- Improves memory,
- Helps you sleep better,
- Improves overall mood.
- Academic Achievement
- Improve concentration and attention
- Improve behaviour in the classroom
- Improves academic scores
- Social Engagement
- Provides an opportunity to socialise
- Improves self esteem
Osteopathy prepares you for benefits of sport
As an osteopathy we can help get ready for sport by helping your body to resolve any injuries, or aches and pains that are stopping you trying different sports. Through different techniques we will help ensure that your body is able to function properly and allow you to enjoy your new activities. If you would like to discuss anything that may be holding you back contact us. #osteopathyworks #wsw2017